Dear Friends and Patrons:
Thank you for visiting my professional business home page. Effective immediately (July 27, 2018) I am temporarily suspending operations to commit full-time to being a candidate for Ward 13 in the City of London’s municipal election. I want to thank you for your continued patronage and if you are an interested voter, I encourage you to search my website pages to learn more of the strengths, abilities, and integrity I bring to the positon and my fellow residents of Ward 13. To learn more about the campaign and myself I encourage you to visit my Facebook page @VoteBenBenedict
Here are but a few of my accomplishments that make me a suitable candidate:
- As a Veteran serving six years as a Canadian Special Forces Medial Assistant (1982-88);
- As a Scout Leader in Petawawa, London, and Sarnia becoming Troop Leader and Assistant District Commissioner before moving on to new challenges (1985-1999);
- As a business leader and entrepreneur currently celebrating my 13th year of successful operations of Benedict Creative Communications, as well as a mid-career professional artist celebrating 25 years of exhibiting across Ontario, and in past, being nominated Academy of Learning “Franchisee of the Year in 1998” for: my vision in creating 100 per cent growth annually under my leadership making the Sarnia one of the fastest growing computer training franchise nationally; being awarded the highest dollar amount of any service provider ever within Lambton County from Human Resources Canada in 1997; and, for my communication skills and overall contribution to the franchise organization nationally;
- As a nonprofit leader, developing the Pillar Innovation Awards Project Plan and as Cofounder of Pride London Festival where between 2002 and 2012 I oversaw organization’s development, communications, and marketing to where today it is currently the third largest Pride Organization in Ontario. It was recognized as a significant community cultural event by the City of London in 2008, and I was personally recognized for my contributions in 2012 as a Community Trail Blazer;
- As a freelance writer and journalist (The Londoner) I have spent 25 years writing about and championing London’s benefits and challenges in an honest and ethical manner – increasing The Londoner’s readership from 50 to over 90 per cent based on integral, honest and critical reporting; received 178 letters of gratitude for my insightful writing over 190 issues;
- As a consultant to arts organizations, serving on the City of London’s Creative City Committee (2007-13) where as an engaged community representative I assisted in the development of London’s Cultural Prosperity Plan, Public Art Policy, and was part of the representative team to the 2011 Creative City Summit in London; and
- Most recently, completing a Bell Box Mural at 75 Albert Street during the summer of 2017 while completing my Master’s Thesis, after being selected by my Neighbourhood Association to complete this commission.
Finally, no campaign can be successful without financial support. For the 2018 campaign, individual donors may contribute up to $1200 (not tax deductible). I encourage you to review my qualifications, and if you can provide any degree of financial support, please make cheques payable to Ben Benedict 2018 Campaign, C/O 188 John Street, London, ON, N6A 1P1. Thank you for your ongoing support!
Sincerely, Ben Benedict, MA Comm.
Master Communicator Ben Benedict possesses a powerful combination of skills and experiences that can be a thoughtful support to your business:
- Professional Writer & Editor
- Publication planning, graphic and content design, editing
- Public Relations & Corporate Communications Professional
- Consulting in Cultural, Community, & Organizational Development
- Public Speaker & Educator
- Visual Artist, Curator, & Critic
Our mission is to help individuals and organizations envision where they want to be, and provide the tools and support to get there through comprehensive and effective writing and public relations strategies.
Thank you for choosing Benedict Creative Communications!